The world’s best-selling conflict management tool
The TKI (Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument) is fast and accessible, delivering insight, empowerment and resolution to anyone involved in conflict. By identifying alternative conflict styles, it helps people reframe and defuse conflict, creating more productive results.
TKI and conflict resolution
The TKI questionnaire identifies five distinct conflict styles and provides people with conflict-management solutions. By helping individuals understand their default approach in conflict, it encourages the exploration of alternative ways to handle different situations. And although it’s sophisticated, you don’t need to be an expert in conflict resolution theories to use it.
- No prior knowledge or expertise necessary; suitable for line managers and team members as well as L&D professionals
- Fast and accessible – simple to apply, easy to understand
- An efficient and economic in-house solution, saving time and money
- Immediate, actionable results that transform potentially damaging conflict to foster constructive difference
- Increases productivity by reducing wasted time and preventing damage to working relationships
- Avoids the costly legal repercussions of workplace conflict
- Wide application – can be used for teams and individuals alike
TKI – key features
- Delivers results you can trust, with a raft of research backing up its conflict-management potential
- Measures individuals’ and groups’ approaches to conflict against five conflict handling modes
- Identifies preferred responses to conflict and how this affects conflict outcomes
- Provides specific tactics for conflict resolution
- Creates a positive and constructive environment, for teams and individuals alike
The TKI tool generates a Profile and Interpretive Report, addressing conflict swiftly and productively.
What is conflict management?
Conflict occurs whenever differing viewpoints make two or more people’s concerns incompatible. Conflict management involves understanding and reframing these areas of friction to reveal a positive way forward. With 85% of employees across Europe saying they deal with conflict on a daily basis, tension in the workplace is clearly inevitable, making effective conflict management essential.
Examining our preferred approaches to conflict in terms of assertiveness and cooperativeness, the TKI tool uniquely ascertains to what degree we take a competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding or accommodating approach to conflict resolution.
How do I buy the TKI?
If you would like to start using the TKI questionnaire and report, set-up is quick and simple, as no qualifications are required. Just call our Customer Services team on 1 295 64432 to get started.
Explore our FREE resources to learn more about TKI