BPS ability test user training
This BPS verified course qualifies you to use all of OPP's ability and aptitude tests. The programme replaces the BPS Level A course, and can be followed up with the Test User: Occupational, Personality course (formerly Level B).
Gain qualification to use the Strong Interest Inventory®, ABLE® Series and Saville Consulting Aptitude Assessments, on the first step to become a fully accredited BPS test user. Combining a variety of teaching methods, including distance learning, interactive exercises, group work and real-life practice sessions, this course will develop your feedback skills and offer coaching from experienced trainers. Some pre- and post-attendance work is required, and some of this will be online.
3 days (Equivalent to 43 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- Administration, interpretation and feedback skills
- How to choose the appropriate test for any given purpose
- How to integrate ability and aptitude tests effectively into both selection/recruitment and development processes
- How to use tests legally, ethically and fairly
- Knowledge of technical concepts (such as reliability and validity) that will help you to evaluate the tests from any publisher.
This test user programme incorporates online distance learning, face-to-face training and individual fieldwork to embed skills and learning; a real-life case study and practical experience are central to the workshop.
- BPS verification as Test User: Occupational, Ability (formerly the BPS certificate of competence in occupation testing, Level A)
- Qualification to use OPP instruments including the ABLE® Series, Saville Consulting Aptitude Assessments and the Strong Interest Inventory®
- Ability to assess people for recruitment and development in a wide variety of contexts, and to test many different nuances of aptitude and ability
- Access to ability and aptitude tests from other test publishers
- An essential precursor to the BPS Test User: Occupational, Personality programme and qualification (formerly Level B). Taken together, this can also lead to the internationally recognised Euro-Test Certificate.
This course is for
- HR managers
- Line managers
- Team leaders
- Training consultants
- Organisational development specialists
No suitable dates in our public training calendar? Get in touch
I really appreciated how both of the trainers continually brought every concept to life with a vast range of examples (many fun), plus their empathy with the group. Thanks to all at OPP who took part. Very professional, pacey, engaging, adult and fun. Beyond all expectations.”
Jan-Paul Van Dessel, Staff.
Lloyds Banking Group