Increase your versatility as a coach
Use the MBTI Type framework to provide coaching insights in a wider range of coaching situations including the coach-coachee relationship.
You will learn how to provide Type-related insights in your coaching practice. You will gain experience in applying the MBTI instrument in a range of ways and be provided with related practical tools that enhance your coaching.
This course is one of a pair of complementary courses to support your coaching practice. Whilst this course takes a broad look at Type and coaching, our other course Coaching: Leveraging Type Dynamics takes a deep look at the application of Type dynamics in coaching.
Course flow consciously mirrors how coaching works: how at the heart of coaching is the individual, followed by an understanding of how the individual relates to others, and then their effectiveness in an organisational setting.
1-day workshop plus 1.5 hours e-learning pre-work on Type dynamics (Equivalent to ~9 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- Z-model for more effective decision-making, Type development over the lifetime, Type differentiation, Type motivators and filters
- How to apply Type theory to facilitate coaching conversations (from initial contracting through to action planning and beyond)
- How coach and coachee Type influences their engagement with coaching
This workshop is delivered by an OPP consultant with in-depth experience of using and interpreting the MBTI instrument.
- Cover a wider range of coaching situations – by exploring and learning a wide range of ways of using the MBTI, you can select the approaches that will be most appropriate to support your coachees
- Personalise the experience for coachees – by learning how to apply Type theory, you have the tools to effectively facilitate a greater range of coaching conversations. You’ll have the opportunity to explore attitudes to differences and how to work with these in a coaching context
- Build trusting relationships which deliver the right results – by learning how Type influences coaching interactions for the coach as well the coachee, you are equipped to get the most out of a coaching relationship
What you get
This course is for
- MBTI-qualified practitioners who have some experience of coaching
- MBTI practitioners who use coaching skills as part of their work
Can’t see a date you can make in our public training calendar? Get in touch