Add depth to your coaching expertise using Type dynamics
Deepen and enhance your coaching conversations using the MBTI framework and Type dynamics theory.
You will use practical tools to gain direct experience in applying Type dynamics to different coaching issues. Those issues include understanding strengths, developing communication skills, and increasing awareness of responses to everyday stress and to extreme stress.
This course is one of a pair of complementary courses to support your coaching practice. Whilst this course takes a deep look at Type dynamics and coaching, our other course Coaching: Integrating the MBTI Instrument takes a broad look at the application of Type in coaching.
1-day workshop plus 1.5 hours e-learning pre-work on Type dynamics (Equivalent to ~9 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- The typical challenges each dominant function can face, and strategies to manage them
- How to raise awareness of the role of the auxiliary function for a coachee, and how to manage the resulting influence on thinking and behaviour
- How to coach people to recognise how stress impacts them, and to apply Type dynamics to manage their reaction to stressful situations
- How to use the power of the core quadrants model in coaching
What you receive
This workshop is delivered by an OPP consultant with in-depth experience of using and interpreting the MBTI instrument.
- Develop confidence to get the result you want – the training has been structured to include practical exercises that consolidate your learning. The takeaway resources help you to apply Type dynamics more effectively
- Support lasting behavioural change in your coachees – help individuals to understand the source of their challenges and how to overcome them
- Promote wellbeing in your coachees – develop their awareness of personal strengths, their typical responses to stress, and how to manage stress effectively
This course is for
- MBTI-qualified practitioners who have some experience of coaching
- MBTI practitioners who use coaching skills as part of their work
I was so pleased that I finally learnt how to listen to the types and language used whilst coaching. But more importantly my coaching preference as it relates to type and how this can impact on the coaching process.”
Barbara Emanuel, Training and Development Manager.
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust