The first step to personal development
The MBTI Foundation Programme is your starting point for using the MBTI Step I instrument, the world’s most popular questionnaire for measuring personality Type.
Personal development starts with awareness. It’s only by understanding personality Types – both our own and others’ – that we can start to improve our interactions with the world and realise our potential.
The four-day MBTI Foundation Programme (MBTI Step I) is the start of a fascinating development journey. MBTI Step I explains personality Types according to the Myers-Briggs framework, and you learn about the differences, strengths and blind spots of different personality Types. The Step I Knowledge Bank provides continued practical support to help you to make the most of your training (see below for contents).
3 + 1 days experiential classroom time, supported by elearning and fieldwork (equivalent to 43 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- The origins and background of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- What your own personality Type is
- How to deliver MBTI feedback and personality insights to individuals and groups
- How to use the MBTI Personal Impact Report to enhance your delivery to clients
- How to use the MBTI assessment ethically and with impact
- Technical aspects of personality assessment, including test reliability and validity
- How to use Type Dynamics to add depth and understanding to personality differences
Traditional ‘lecturing’ is kept to a minimum – the programme accommodates different learning styles. As well as the workshops, the programme includes:
- online learning
- interactive exercises
- mix of group and individual work
- individual coaching on your feedback skills
- field work
The course is delivered by experienced MBTI practitioners who are both expert trainers and coaches. Each participant receives individual coaching on their feedback skills during practice sessions.
- Develop self awareness and become qualified in a world-renowned personality framework
- Learn how to instil self awareness in others by appreciating personality differences
- Be equipped to address clients’ everyday business challenges and create a productive working culture
- Gain access to OPP’s reports which help you to apply insights to teams, conflict, careers, decision-making, stress, and more
- Get support from practitioner materials and resources, enjoy membership of the global MBTI community
- Extend and deepen your MBTI personality Type knowledge with MBTI Step II (open to MBTI-qualified practitioners only).
The MBTI Foundation Programme takes individuals on a journey of self-discovery. No prior MBTI experience is required, and individuals receive a good grounding in practices encouraged by the British Psychological Society and other bodies that seek to uphold standards.
This course is for
MBTI Step I is especially useful for individuals working with:
- team development
- leadership development
- conflict management
- managing change
No suitable dates in our public training calendar? Get in touch
I have been on many courses – this rates as one of the best ever!”
Frank Froud, course delegate.