Reveal the DNA of Type
MBTI Step II offers insights that go beyond the MBTI Step I framework to reveal nuances and contradictions within an individual’s Type. This course offers those who have already mastered Step I, the expertise to understand, interpret and feed back the powerful MBTI Step II questionnaire to groups and individuals.
The two-day course will explain the ingenious construction of the MBTI Step II assessment and show you how it reveals deeper understanding of individuals and can uncover inconsistencies within their personalities. You will learn by doing, working alongside other experienced MBTI practitioners to explore your own MBTI Step II profile and discover the uniqueness of your own Type. The course emphasises deep appreciation of differences in how personality is expressed. It will give you expertise that can be applied to understanding individuals and improving how they communicate, make decisions and manage change and conflict.
2 days experiential classroom time, backed up by e-learning (Equivalent to 18 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- How MBTI Step II was constructed from ideas offered by Isabel Myers
- Skills to get the best out of the tool and build on understanding previously derived from Step I
- Techniques to apply MBTI Step II in one-to-one and group settings and methods for improving individual effectiveness
- Using MBTI Step II to resolve issues that are less easy to understand with of Step I alone
- How to explore Step II insights using simple, practical and impactful exercises.
Adopting accelerated learning techniques, the programme provides a varied approach including online learning, interactive exercises, and an engaging mix of group and individual work. You will receive individual coaching on your feedback skills during a practice session overseen by experienced trainers. You will also be shown how to introduce Step II to individuals and groups and be given supporting materials that will help you give feedback and run team events after the course.
- Understand the DNA of Type – why the same personality Types differ in their expression of Type
- Learn how to get the best of Type and complementary trait measurement techniques
- Gain insight from the Step II Interpretive Report to enhance coaching and other individual and team interventions to help with leadership development, change management, conflict resolution and decision making
- Receive materials worth over £400 that equip you to use MBTI Step II straight away with individuals, groups and teams, including:
- Facet Feedback Cards to make one-to-one feedback easier to deliver and more memorable for participants
- Videos explaining how to handle feedback with more challenging profiles
- Activities and exercises to explore Step II insights with groups and teams
- Fun and impactful ways to present and share Step II profiles (Personal Typies and Team Typies)
- Programme notes to use as a learning aid and reference during and after the workshop
- Develop deeper knowledge of MBTI Step I: why some people struggle to find their best-fit Type and how to use MBTI Step II to resolve this
- Ongoing support from our Step II Knowledge Bank – an online library of free-to-download practitioner materials.
This course is for
- MBTI qualified practitioners
MBTI Step II is particularly relevant for practitioners wanting to enhance their skills in applications such as team development, leadership development, communication, conflict management, decision making, managing change and coaching.
Qualified but need help delivering?
We know that delivering your first event can be daunting, and that sometimes people need a little help to create a successful programme. OPP consultants are expert in the use of our psychometric tools and can work with you to deliver 'off the shelf' and tailor-made programmes in your organisation. Contact us to discuss your needs