Harnessing conflict in the workplace
Learn how to deliver fast and effective conflict resolution with the Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument™ in just one day.
Although you require no formal training for the TKI, our one-day course will show you how to use this conflict-resolution model to deal positively with conflict. Equipped with these practical skills, you will be able to facilitate others to apply different conflict-handling styles according to the situation. By showing people alternative ways to resolve conflict, rather than always reverting to their default conflict-resolution strategy, you will empower them to seek positive outcomes from conflict situations, boosting productivity and reducing the need for mediation.
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate to mark your newly acquired expertise.
Note: This course is available in languages other than English from our European offices.
1 day (Equivalent to 7 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- Differing perceptions of conflict in the workplace and how to recognise conflict
- The TKI conflict resolution model and its five conflict-handling styles
- Strategic ways to resolve conflict using practical exercises
- Simple exercises to enable you to run your own conflict management course with the TKI tool
- Conflict management success stories
This workshop uses a lively, interactive approach to learning, with role-play exercises, prompt cards and an engaging mix of group and individual working.
- Immediately acquire the skills to assess and respond to conflict in the workplace, with individuals and teams
- Increase awareness of your own and others' natural styles of conflict management
- Get five practical, situation-specific approaches for effective conflict-resolution using the five TKI conflict-handling styles
- Learn how to use conflict as a positive driver of innovation, rather than a destructive experience best avoided
This course is for
- HR managers
- Line managers
- Team leaders
Can’t see a date you can make in our public training calendar? Get in touch
TKI is fantastic for helping people to understand where the issues are in relationships. It’s wonderfully practical to use – you don’t have to be certified to use it – and people ‘get it’ very, very quickly.”
Michael Brown, L&D Consultant.