Harnessing conflict in the workplace
Learn how to deliver fast and effective conflict resolution with the Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument™ in just one day.
Although you require no formal training for the TKI, our one-day course will show you how to use this conflict-resolution model to deal positively with conflict. Equipped with these practical skills, you will be able to facilitate others to apply different conflict-handling styles according to the situation. By showing people alternative ways to resolve conflict, rather than always reverting to their default conflict-resolution strategy, you will empower them to seek positive outcomes from conflict situations, boosting productivity and reducing the need for mediation.
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate to mark your newly acquired expertise.
Note: This course is available in languages other than English from our European offices.
1 day (Equivalent to 7 CPD hours)
What you will learn
- Differing perceptions of conflict in the workplace and how to recognise conflict
- The TKI conflict resolution model and its five conflict-handling styles
- Strategic ways to resolve conflict using practical exercises
- Simple exercises to enable you to run your own conflict management course with the TKI tool
- Conflict management success stories
This workshop uses a lively, interactive approach to learning, with role-play exercises, prompt cards and an engaging mix of group and individual working.
- Immediately acquire the skills to assess and respond to conflict in the workplace, with individuals and teams
- Increase awareness of your own and others' natural styles of conflict management
- Get five practical, situation-specific approaches for effective conflict-resolution using the five TKI conflict-handling styles
- Learn how to use conflict as a positive driver of innovation, rather than a destructive experience best avoided
This course is for
- HR managers
- Line managers
- Team leaders
TKI is fantastic for helping people to understand where the issues are in relationships. It’s wonderfully practical to use – you don’t have to be certified to use it – and people ‘get it’ very, very quickly.”
Michael Brown, L&D Consultant.